View Single Post
Old
02-27-2013, 01:31 PM
Rivet52
Sabres & Blackhawks

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Rivet52
I trust Eklund to a decent extent when it comes to Flyers stuff although I won't believe it until I see it regardless. I would hate to see Big Buff in a Flyers sweater though.

Apparently Cheveldayoff was just at a recent Flyers game so it wouldn't surprise me. It makes sense for the Flyers but a bigger contract would have to go back to Winnipeg to allow the Flyers to take on Byfuglien's contract. Briere? Doubt it. He won't waive. Winnipeg would have to be getting a pretty good return too if it's for Byfuglien. He's not someone I see them wanting to trade. If they're getting back a scoring forward then maybe it's worth it to them, but it's not like Byfuglien is expendable or anything, although they have some good young defensemen already on the team and some good prospects in the pipeline. That said, they won't move Byfuglien unless they're getting a good forward in return.

Would be something else to see the man that caused the Flyers absolute fits in the SCF a few years ago play for them though. I already had to suffer through seeing Versteeg go to Philadelphia.