View Single Post
Old
02-27-2013, 01:37 PM
Jet
Confirmed Pav Basher

vCash: 50
Volpatti is interesting but I just don't see us picking him up unless we jettison Thorburn. It's getting really crowded down there and I don't see them waiving Peluso after what he's done in his limited opportunities.

Tangradi I don't really put in the 4th line category. I think he's either going to be a 2nd 3rd line tweener or he's going to be waived. I also think it's too soon to give up on him.

Someone will pick up Volpatti, I'm pretty sure of that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zachy Goj View Post
Canucks have placed rugged forward Aaron Volpatti on waivers. Honestly, I hope Chevy makes yet another waiver claim here. Volpatti could be a solid player who will add solid defensive play and lots of physicality and toughness, ideally on a line with Wright and Slater as he can play either wing. Miettinen is unreliable with injuries, Wellwood has been useless, Thorburn is losing his role on the team by the game it seems, Tangradi in my honest opinion isn't a fit at the NHL level.

Wright - Slater - Volpatti could be quite the combination of very solid defensive play, physicality and toughness. Could even bump Wright up to 3rd line LW and role a 4th line of Volpatti - Slater - Peluso/Thorburn.

I know we've got some bodies at forward, but i'd try and do something to make way for Volpatti, I think he could fit in much like Wright has been. I like players like this, and Wright, for example, because they can play in your bottom 6 and have a defined role, and excel in that role, which to me helps build identity throughout the team. Volpatti right now through projected 80 games is on pace for 210 hits, which in all of last season would rank him 16th overall in the NHL out of hits by forwards.

I could see Chevy not bothering here given our numbers and depth at forward, but in my own opinion I am not sold on a few of the passengers we're carrying in the bottom 6 at this point in time and I personally would shuffle the deck there a bit given the amount of unreliability Noel has encountered this season with a few guys.

Nonetheless, he played for the Moose in 2010-2011, and Noel coached him, so he and TNSE will have some familiarity.

Some insight,

http://blogs.edmontonjournal.com/201...ti-on-waivers/