View Single Post
Old
02-27-2013, 01:41 PM
Xokkeu

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Writer View Post
I have my own personal philosophy and it often doesn't jive with what Hockey Canada has in mind. There's no way in hell (if I were the one making the decisions) Perry would be on the Sochi team. Zero chance, he is not a big ice player and he's liability defensively and he loves to rack up the penalty minutes. Plus I'm just not a big fan of one Mr. Perry. II'd have a 50% turnover from Olympics to Olympics and I'd always have the average age around or near 25. Thanks Perry for your 4 goals in Vancouver. Much appreciated. Now if there's a World Cup 3 years from now in Montreal and you are still a 40 goal scorer, then I'll you'll get consideration. but big ice in Europe. Forget it. Luckily for Perry and a few of the other vets, Hockey Canada doesn't think like I do. and Getzlaf I like even less than Perry.
I gotta agree with you. I wouldn't want either player on the team if I were Canadian other than the fact that 3 minutes and all ye are fallen may be the greatest line ever.

I've got

Nash----Stamkos----Tavares
Neal------Crosby------Giroux
Sharp-----Toews-------E Staal
Marchand--Bergeron--Simmonds
B. Schenn

Stamkos, Crosby and Giroux are basically obvious picks. Elite playemakers and scorers, the only question I have is whether Stamkos or Tavares play wing? I like Stamkos' skating so I'm keeping him there. I like Nash, Neal and Staal because they are big bodies who skate well and can score. Even though Neal doesn't play with Crosby on a line, as teammates you can hope to replace some of that chemistry that Canada used well in 2010 with Marleau-Thornton, Perry/Getzlaf line combos.

With Sharp, Toews, Marchand and Bergeron you get the two top penalty killing cores in the NHL right now, plus offensively talented players. Brayden Schenn probably seems like an odd choice but the guy can play wing or center, he can score, he can kill penalties and he seems like the perfect final forward. Wayne Simmonds probably makes some people go but I like his game. He can skate, he plays hard ever shift and has some underrated skill.