View Single Post
Old
02-27-2013, 01:50 PM
Jet
Chevel-takesadayoff

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zachy Goj View Post
Ya, on ice wise, I hope we do make the swap of Volpatti for Thorburn if we can. It is an upgrade in my opinion and that's what it's all about, making the roster better step by step, bit by bit.

I somewhat agree with Tangradi, but my hunch is he's nothing more than an AHL'er who can't produce or find a role in the NHL.

All in all, at the end of the day, I just want to see Chevy make these kind of upgrades as he see's fit. I see an upgrade here, one that can add defensive responsibility (which would go a long way with this team), a great amount of physicality and a nice touch of toughness. That's why I am kind of rambling on here, because I see an upgrade available for free.

I think someone claims Volpatti. I hope it is the Winnipeg Jets.
I honestly don't think Thorburn brings enough to this roster to ever get another shift. He doesn't win fights. He doesn't fight at the right time. He can't clear the puck out to save his life. He was the worst player on our team LAST YEAR and that's saying a lot.

Yes, he's loved by his teammates and is a great guy. That's just not enough to justify a roster spot and salary. If we could swap Thorbs with Volpatti I'd do it now. I just don't know if Chevy will mess with the team right now.