View Single Post
Old
02-27-2013, 03:38 PM
RandV
It's a wolf v2.0

vCash: 50
This is the first time I've heard of this LTPD thing, so all I can go on is what the article is saying and I can't tell if that's 100% what this LTPD is, but what he seems to be saying that the removal of scores is not so much to make every kid feel special but rather to try to reign in parents who put too much pressure on kids to succeed. Which is kind of sad really, but I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around this because I always thought soccer was pretty tame in this regard, when compared to hockey over here.

But furthermore, it's not so much the removal of scores that's important here as it is getting rid of the standings and things like relegation. That's something that I can more get behind, I have no direct experience with it but it seems like in our youth hockey there is waaay to much emphasis put on throwing young kids through a meat grinder to achieve a spot on that AAA team. Especially in the city, when you're paying for your 13 year old to go through some specialized hard core summer training then spending big money (... I don't know what it is, $5000-$8000 a year?) to play on the top rep time, that just doesn't seem quite right to me. Seems to me like your putting a lot of time money and effort into creating the best child players, when the real determining factor of whether you can approach the pro's or not comes later on in adolescence.

RandV is offline   Reply With Quote