View Single Post
Old
02-27-2013, 02:41 PM
hitmen19

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xokkeu View Post
I gotta agree with you. I wouldn't want either player on the team if I were Canadian other than the fact that 3 minutes and all ye are fallen may be the greatest line ever.

I've got

Nash----Stamkos----Tavares
Neal------Crosby------Giroux
Sharp-----Toews-------E Staal
Marchand--Bergeron--Simmonds
B. Schenn

Stamkos, Crosby and Giroux are basically obvious picks. Elite playemakers and scorers, the only question I have is whether Stamkos or Tavares play wing? I like Stamkos' skating so I'm keeping him there. I like Nash, Neal and Staal because they are big bodies who skate well and can score. Even though Neal doesn't play with Crosby on a line, as teammates you can hope to replace some of that chemistry that Canada used well in 2010 with Marleau-Thornton, Perry/Getzlaf line combos.

With Sharp, Toews, Marchand and Bergeron you get the two top penalty killing cores in the NHL right now, plus offensively talented players. Brayden Schenn probably seems like an odd choice but the guy can play wing or center, he can score, he can kill penalties and he seems like the perfect final forward. Wayne Simmonds probably makes some people go but I like his game. He can skate, he plays hard ever shift and has some underrated skill.
Worst 2 selections i have seen so far, schenn and simmonds