View Single Post
Old
02-27-2013, 02:59 PM
Jack de la Hoya

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCPenguin View Post
No offense, I've seen your defense. He is better than a #3 in Philadelphia. Coburn and Buff would be your top two. Don't try to sell me on Timonen or Schenn being better.
Timonen is absolutely better, and it isn't really close--though obviousy he isn't a great long-term option .

I'm not really sure that I see Byfuglien as a great fit--and I definitely wouldn't want the Flyers to pay the price required to get him.

On the other hand, I think Coburn-Buff would make a lot of sense as a pairing--Coburn's mobility and defensive game could allow Byfuglien a bit more freedom to roam.

Timonen-Schenn
Coburn-Byfuglien

I don't really think it makes a lot of sense to split hairs over which is the 1st and 2nd pairing, since there's no clear #1 in that group anyway. Basically, four 2/3 types.

Timonen manages for another year, Flyers find a veteran stop-gap there after, and hope that Gostisbehere turns into a gem.

But, again, I don't think it makes much sense for the Flyers to give up the assets it would take, and I'm not entirely sure how the cap would work--isn't that about $19 million in cap space right there?