View Single Post
Old
02-27-2013, 03:04 PM
dethomas07

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacques Strap View Post
He's not scared of playing physical or getting engaged, I think he's just scared of making one mistake and getting benched for the entire game, or worse, getting sent to CT. Some players can excel in this kind of environment, others can't. I have been a supporter of Torts, but he does have his favorites, even prospects. I know people will say that Torts has developed other prospects, but it's not for everybody. I don't think playing with fear, which the coach instills, is the best environment to develop youngsters.
It's hard love kind of feeling.. you can't say he plays favorites either because torts benched gabs and richards, both of whom are paid like superstars and need to be out there to make things happen.. the guy does it with everyone and if you look at all of our prospects since hes been here and groomed they all have gotten the same treatment, averaging around 10-14min/g and sometime if he feels they shouldn't be playing in a situation he keeps them on the bench and they watch.. I am a big supporter of Torts, and i even agree with most of your points all you guys make...He is the coach and its up to pros to be accountable for how they play, whether rookie or 10yr vet, do you think thats a hard concept to believe in.. The average person at work does what their boss tells them to do and to preform at the task or they are penalized or fired..Works both ways, this is no different.. Players must buy into the coach and play up to a level they are asked to play as pros..

Richards and gabs need to play much much better and that will help the overall team play better..

Going forward I want to see this

Nash-Richards- Palmieri (Played with Kovy)
Hagelin-Stepan- Gaborik
Kreider-Miller-Callahan (support the rookies/balance lineup)
Powe-Boyle- Asham/Pyatt( havent been impressed with either, rather youth)

-Mash to me wasn't to bad, he's a young player will make mistakes, but I would like him on Fourth line

dethomas07 is offline   Reply With Quote