View Single Post
Old
02-27-2013, 03:09 PM
Fourier

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanwb View Post
You're right. I apologize. Yakupov is not soft. Perhaps undersized would have been a better word. He's not afraid of contact so to speak, but with his small stature he can't throw his body around like I'm sure he wants to, and is used to, which certainly limits his effectiveness in the physical department.

And FYI I used to live in Edmonton, so I follow the Oilers quite closely, they are near to my heart. We could definitely have the discussion without me being biased, I swear. But let's just leave it at they are both awesome players with awesome futures. As long as Yakupov keeps working on his game, that is.
No problem.

Often the bias is not intentional but rather comes from the fact that people tend to really see very little of most teams they don't follow. I grew up a die hard Canadien's fan in Edmonton. I watched every game I could including all of the games on the French channel. Even when I had season tickets for the Oilers in the WHA and first year or so of the NHL it was still Habs first for me. But that changed for good with the playoff series in '81. Still have a soft spot for the Habs though and I do follow them a fair bit.

As I said, until the lottery Galchenyuk was my guy. Once the Oilers won that switched to Yakupov. I had watched a lot of Sarnia the year before these kids got drafted, and it was clear they were both exceptional talents. Once Yakupov was off the board, I really wanted the Habsto get Galchenyuk, as I think he will be a tremendous player for many years. Like Yakupov he seems to be extremely dedicated to being the best he can be.

Fourier is offline   Reply With Quote