View Single Post
Old
02-27-2013, 03:24 PM
billybudd
5 cups pls

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigG44 View Post
Exactly, but could he be available if Dallas added? Would it be something reasonable?

He seems like a good D, but one that could be available considering the Pens have better prospect D ahead of him (Despres) and coming up.
I guess it would depend on what the pro-scouts and coaches thought of Brendan Morrow, Bortuzzo and Engelland.

It's pretty tough to say because all 3 of these guys are difficult to figure out value for.

I mean, the long-term depth chart leaves no room for both Bortuzzo and Engelland (possibly no room for either), but that's later, they're on the team now and neither one is either valuable or easily replaceable for the price on an immediate basis.

Like, I don't know, what if Engelland breaks his hand in a fight tomorrow and Bortuzzo takes a knee. That long-term depth isn't going to matter much, the Pittsburgh defense corps just got really undersized.

Might be that Brendan Morrow's got enough left in the tank to take that risk...but that's something only the Penguins' pro scouts can say.

billybudd is offline   Reply With Quote