View Single Post
Old
02-27-2013, 03:25 PM
TheDevilMadeMe

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkey Town 18 View Post
What is an appropriate amount of time per power-play to play Phil Housley who will be a bottom pairing defenseman at even strengh that also gets inserted in specific offensive situations (ie: an offensive zone draw after an icing against tired opponents)? The answer is as much as I can, but what is realistic? 1:30/2:00?
1:20-1:30 seems pretty normal for first unit point men. If Housley is playing bottom pairing and not playing the PK, I can honestly see him playing the whole PP sometimes, but on average, he can probably handle 1:40 if that's how you want to use him.

NJ just went to the finals playing Kovalchuk on the point for basically the full 2 minutes of basically every powerplay

It's become ATD convention to assume teams will spend 7 minutes per game on the PP - I'm planning on playing Paul Coffey for 6 of those (with almost no PK time); does anyone have a problem with that? Kovalchuk will see slightly less time than Coffey because he'll be moved off the point in the third period if my team has the lead.

TheDevilMadeMe is online now   Reply With Quote