Thread: Trade Rumors
View Single Post
Old
02-27-2013, 04:35 PM
gonnaneedsomewine

vCash: 500
I think this team definitely needs a top 6 winger more than a defenseman unless both Greene and Mitchell are out for the season. The one thing I would worry about with those guys when they come back is conditioning after missing virtually all of the season. The defensive style we play lends itself to being able to get by with average guys on the back end. Having to roll with Ellerby and Muzzin for a while isn't that bad at all.

The hole at wing is currently on the Richards and Carter line IMO b/c Lewis hasn't suddenly become a bonafide top 6er. Some will say Penner is the guy and will work himself back up there. I am not a Penner fan and I just don't see it.

Personally I would like to add someone to play with Kopitar and Brown, preferably a good finisher due to the way Kopitar can set guys up.

i think Williams is more of a second line winger and would fit nicely with Richards and Carter because he's basically a better version of Trevor Lewis, who's been playing well with them. Fast, hard worker, good forechecker, does all the little things well like Lewis while also having more skill and goal scoring prowess.