Thread: Prospect Info: Kings Prospects in the CHL/College
View Single Post
02-27-2013, 03:52 PM
HYORI 1963
Grit & Character
vCash: 50
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
Forbort and Roach?

Roach I think will be a more skilled and mobile version of Andrew Campbell. The kid has some underrated offensive upside and is decently mobile given his size. His real appeal is his size, which he does need to use more. He's not a softie or anything, but he could use to lean on guys more. But that hopefully will come with time. How Roach adjusts to the pro level will be a huge sign on if he's a legit NHL prospect or just someone we took a chance on that didn't pan out. I'm leaning towards the former though.

With Forbort, I still like him, but I do worry he's headed towards between a tweener type of blueliner, someone who has good size, but doesn't use it enough (though he seems to have improved on that) and someone who has good skill, but never seems to fully put that skill together.

He should be a top four defenseman, but he'll need a few more years to develop. Unlike many other posters, I think he'd benefit from one more year at college, playing in all situations and being 'the man' so to speak. Gravel I think is ready to come out (though i don't think one more year will stunt him). He's pro ready. Maybe not NHL ready, but pro ready, and one year at Manchester would arguably be all he needs. Forbort I think would benefit from up to 3 more years (one in college, two in Manchester) but I see him getting a cup of coffee in 2014-2015 and being a regular the following year if he comes out of college and goes pro this year.
Interesting. Thanks.

So, in a year or two, we should see all three Gravel, Forbort and Roach in manchester, assuming they're still in kings organization. That's a lot of tall lumber.