View Single Post
Old
02-27-2013, 04:01 PM
BraveCanadian

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jafar View Post
What you're saying is simply false , very few people ever thought of Turgeon as a potentiel next french-canadien great star.Turgeon wasn't an arrogant or unpleasant guy either , so the fact that nobody (or very few) thought of him as a potentiel french-canadien star despite his numbers is actually a pretty solid indication that something was wrong with this player , especially considering the Montreal fanbase tendency to glorify their french-canadien players.They did it with Carbonneau , they did it with Damphousse , but not with Turgeon.Why? Because nobody ever saw a star or someone who could lead the team even if only in an quiet offensive role in him.

The Turgeon case is a tough one to explain , and that's why you managed to get so far with it , because most people are unable to clearly express what we all saw that was wrong with Turgeon.I'm not hating on Turgeon at all , I have no reasons to hate him.This isn't because you compared to Roenick , we had the same discussion last year when I had nobody that really compares to Turgeon.
You would know better than me what it was like actually being in Montreal and a Habs fan -- but I do remember at the time of the trade (and thereafter) there was buzz about Turgeon becoming a big star in Montreal because he was a talented French Canadian.

Obviously it didn't turn out that way but I do recall the idea being thrown around in the media anyways