Old
02-27-2013, 04:03 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
It has everything to do with it.

When top players are performing like top players, support cast can do their jobs without as much scrutiny on them.

No one would care if Kreider was struggling, if the top players were our top players and the team were winning.

If they want him in the AHL, fine. Send him down. He needs to play.
In order to be a part of the supporting cast, you have to support something. He's not scoring, is a liability defensively, and is weak on the fore check. Those things wouldn't change if the team was winning. Problems are problems. Simple as that.

Quote:
You mean to tell me, that the way the team plays has no effect on each player? So when the defense doesn't do their job, it doesn't make Lundqvists' job harder? And I'm building straw men. OK.
You just argued against a point I didn't even make. Not only that, you used a straw man against it. There's no correlation between Gaborik scoring and Kreider scoring.

Quote:
If the team were rolling the way they should be, he could play in the top six at times, he can move up and down the lineup. They could afford a rookie learning on the job.

There are many variables to every situation. It's never simple cut and dry.
If the team were rolling the way it should be, all that would change is that he'd being outplayed by a legitimate group of top-six wingers instead of not managing to play his way into a top-six role when we're decimated by injuries and two of our best forwards are playing badly.

This situation is pretty cut and dry. Your inability to see that the kid isn't ready for the NHL is the only variable that's changing anything.