View Single Post
Old
02-27-2013, 05:14 PM
The Sweetness

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oan View Post
So MacKinnons playing style is better than Barkovs? And aggressive playing style for forwards is by default better than any other style?

And Barkov too has scored many goals on which he relied on his own skill alone, naturally that is harder in a mens league than in a junior league.
No, I don't think MacKinnon's playing style is necessarily better. I'm merely commenting on MacKinnon's drive as opposed to Barkov.

But I do think that MacKinnon has shown that he has the drive that the majority of elite offensive guys in the NHL show who can take over games offensively.

However, this doesn't necessarily mean that I think MacKinnon's playing style will translate to the NHL. For all I know, Barkov will continue to adapt and evolve as he grows into his body. Also, there are of course many examples of guys who do not display the same aggressive play offensively that MacKinnon shows and are elite offensive guys.

That being said, it is one critique that I think will be brought up in regards to Barkov so I don't see why we should avoid bringing it up, nor why posters who prefer Barkov should exaggerate such critique.

The Sweetness is online now   Reply With Quote