View Single Post
Old
02-27-2013, 05:17 PM
The Sweetness

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyoooo View Post
If its between a ****** system thats arresting the offensive ability of this team (players who operate better offensively not restricted) or a two-time 40 goal scorer who is 4th in GPG in the league since hes been here, I pick the system to go.

I wanna put my 40 goal scorer in the best possible position to succeed. Hes struggling in a system clearly not designed for him. He showed last year that he can work through it and contribute, but maybe this year the team is just not mentally there after the roster changes.

This isnt just about working around one player either, its Nash, Richards, Stepan, Hagelin, etc. as well. They are too skilled to be doing this dumb and chase.
To be fair I think Tortorello has generally given Gaborik free reign offensively and has encourgaed him to use his speed. Unfortunately this year he doesn't seem to have the same zip in his shot and Richards has been so bad it makes it quite hard to play good offensive hockey.

I'm not sure what system you are promoting in regards to Gaborik but in my opinion his struggles have less to do with the system and more to do with Richards and getting his shot (and confidence back) after his shoulder surgery.