Old
02-27-2013, 05:22 PM
BillyShoe1721
Terriers

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony d View Post
Was wondering how to put my powerplay, this is what I'm thinking right now but it's subject to change:

PP 1: Denneny-Clarke-Bondra-Oates-Suchy
PP 2: Prentice-Sutter-Gilbert-Hartsburg-Smith

Also for the fun of it here is my PK:

PK 1: Prentice-Clarke-Horton-Horner
PK 2: Sutter-Graham-Suchy-Smith

All opinions are welcomed.
I'm torn on Steve Smith on the PP. If he's next to a guy that's a good pointman, I think he can work but I'm not sure Hartsburg is good enough. Smith basically had 4 good seasons offensively, and then barely did anything besides that. Hartsburg was great when he was on the ice, but he rarely played a full season. Together as a second unit, I guess they work.

The first PP is good, the second unit is lacking punch and a finisher. Brent Sutter shouldn't be on a PP in the ATD, he broke 100 points once when he got a chance to play with Bossy, and never broke 70 points otherwise, despite receiving what looks like 2nd unit PP time on the Islanders. Prentice can work as the clearly 3rd best offensive member of a PP to do the dirty work, but him and Sutter on the same unit are not good. You've got Gilbert, who is a great passer from the wing, and Prentice/Sutter aren't good enough to capitalize on that.

For the PP, I'd use:

Denneny-Clarke-Gilbert-Suchy-Hartsburg
Prentice-Oates-Bondra-Smith-Horner

That way, you've got two good passers in Gilbert and Clarke to feed Denneny, and your 2nd unit is way more potent with the heavy assist Oates passing to the heavy goal Bondra. Horner was top 9 in points among defensemen 6 times, he and Smith will be pretty weak as PP pointmen, but it can still work.

BillyShoe1721 is offline   Reply With Quote