View Single Post
Old
02-27-2013, 05:36 PM
Northern Neighbour

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSeven View Post
True, but as a frequent full passport buyer of Bluesfest, my biggest complaint is that its too drawn out. Its just so damn draining going every day for well over a week.

I think an inbetween would be best. 5 days, on a long weekend, with 3 full days.
It can be, but then again I don't mind seeing shows 10 out of 11 nights (the Tuesday is the off-day this year). The lack of a venue with a campsite definitely limits the ability to have a three- or four-day event. The other thing to consider is that shorter events tend to be more expensive since there are fewer days for the festival to make any revenue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madskillz65 View Post
How can that be that I get to see Rush and all the other bands that day for $33?
The multi-day passes are discounted at a special price. It's like buying in bulk - the more you buy, the less the average cost. Take buying a full festival pass - a person is playing $20 a day if one buys the $199 early bird pass.

Finally, individual day passes tend to be more expensive - anywhere from $30 to $100, with prime acts and weekends costing more (weekends because it's access to 11 hours of music).

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93gilmour93 View Post
I enjoy seeing the acts on the smaller stages but if I'm paying to go to a concert I better like the headliner.
If you're buying the full festival pass, it's hard to complain with an average cost of $20 to go to a festival and see multiple acts. A ticket to see Rush probably would cost a person at least $50 to $75 and that's for the cheap seats.

To see Belle & Sebastian in Montreal during Jazzfest would cost about $60 per person. I would more than gladly pay that, but since I'll buy the full festival passport and likely will attend all 10 days, I'm only paying $20. I can't really complain.

People also need to remember that this is the initial lineup. There are plenty of more acts to come. Granted, there's only one headliner remaining, but still plenty of time slots to fill.

Northern Neighbour is offline   Reply With Quote