View Single Post
Old
02-27-2013, 05:51 PM
Heyoooo*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sweetness View Post
To be fair I don't think we've shown much ability to gain the zone with speed with the puck and create offense either though I agree our forecheck has been extremely poor. This is one reason why I'd love to see someone like Ryan O'Reily join the team as I think he'd help us tilt the ice in our favor.

That being said, I'm sure most of us would be happy to see more puck possession play but I'm honestly not sure we have the time in this season, nor arguably the speed or offensive skill to implement such a system.

In my opinion the most glaring weakness on this team is up the middle, and with Richards regression we don't have any players who can dictate the pace of a game. Until that changes (either through improved play by Richards, Stepan's development or trades) I think we may struggle playing a puck possession game no matter what system we play.

Of course, playing a shortened season with no training camp and a short preseason make any desired changes even harder to implement.

Well, if the recent playmaking on the PP is any indication, they definitely have the skill to do it.

Their puck movement and urgency on the PP has certainly gone up IMO. Making better plays. These players have the skill and hockey IQ for it. They shouldnt be playing a dumbed down game.