View Single Post
Old
02-27-2013, 05:52 PM
bernmeister

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sweetness View Post
That may be the case but that is all speculation on your part, especially given Kreider's poor play down in Hartford as well.

Let's also not forget that Torts has stuck with Miller through his ups and downs this year and also helped us blood a ton of prospects (Hagelin, Anisimov, Stepan, McDonaugh, Del Zotto, Sauer) who have blossomed under Torts's guidance and he's down a great job of promoting youth and getting them to play well.

With Torts track record in developing prospects I don't see what you know about his handling of Kreider that makes you feel he's somehow been managed improperly.
The truth is its own defense.
If you could say we had no playoff experience last year to verify there was Kreider's potential that's one thing.

And let's not forget that eye opener vs Brodeur, spoiling his shutout [think that was last game vs. Devs]. That's REAL ability.

Bottom line is Torts is too damn arrogant and overrated.
I won't say he's ruining Kreider but he's not helping.
Sure we could let CK make his mistakes at AHL instead of here, but given what we have here, I say, pick a line: Kreider --- Miller ---- Callahan which is speed, speed, speed, and let them play. Period.

Kreider is also young, so give him few extra shifts w/Nash
Also let him have 2-3 shifts game at C, which he's played before, and looks good moving thru center ice. Humor me! 2-3 shifts a game there, how much can that hurt. See how he takes to it, and check out the experience it adds for him.

But for this to happen Torts has gotta go.