View Single Post
Old
02-27-2013, 06:05 PM
EasternOntario Fan

vCash: 500
Quote:

As for Monday. It was horrible, but Plymouth took shots, and how many deflections were there? Or off the goalie's back. I've never seen that many bad bouces against us in one period. Plymouth had more shots in one game than we took in 2. You gotta put the puck on the net and hopefully something happens.
I could not believe how big Soo is. Wow. We were outmanned, soft and afraid of being hit.
I am not sure it always has to do with effort. I am not sure the talent is there. After two third of the first line, we have no talent per se. With how many forwards we cannot find a third on the top line. Our top 3 in the draft haven't got 20 points between them...Renaud, Hargrave, and Addessi. Hope summer brings something more positive in their play or the vision is filled with holes.
I think it was obvious that their vision at the draft was to get bigger, and they did do that----but at what cost. Having some knowledge of the 96 group, I don't think Hargrave was that bad of a pick, but I certainly question where the other two went. I certainly feel that there were better players available, but maybe others on this board with more knowledge can tell me if I am way off. My feeling is that they loved the size, but gambled because one had missed most of the year,and I think they took the other as a work in progress. Remember, they are still only sixteen and will probably improve, but based on production, the Sting have to be towards the bottom of the league with the performance of their rookies.