View Single Post
02-27-2013, 06:06 PM
The Sweetness
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Heyoooo View Post
Well, if the recent playmaking on the PP is any indication, they definitely have the skill to do it.

Their puck movement and urgency on the PP has certainly gone up IMO. Making better plays. These players have the skill and hockey IQ for it. They shouldnt be playing a dumbed down game.
You think our league worst player play is evidence we have the skill to play a puck possession system?

I'm not sure that is a very convincing argument

As I said I'm not convinced our current system is the best fit for our roster, but I honestly think the overall skill on this roster is average at best, in particular up the middle where we are probably below average at the moment (if Richards regains his game we are decent here), which is essential if we want to play more of a puck possession game.

That being said, I'd bet Torts would probably like his forwards to have the puck more. I hope he just needs more time to show he can adapt to our new roster despite the challenges of the shortened season and all our injuries.

He's shown in Tampa, and in NY with Gabby that skill players can thrive under him. Let's not forget that Torts was a big reason why Richards chose to come to NY and I think if Richards thought Torts was just a one-trick pony relying on a forecheck and shot blocking that he'd have chosen to go elsewhere.

Torts system delivered brilliant results for us last year. Now it is on him to adapt, but I think it's also fair to exhibit a bit more patience given his success last year.

Last edited by The Sweetness: 02-27-2013 at 06:15 PM.