View Single Post
Old
02-27-2013, 06:18 PM
Foppa2118

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoPadStack View Post
Jones signed a contract extension less than two weeks before becoming an unrestricted free agent. A 4 year contract at that. Him and Parenteau have the longest running deals on the team. I don't think management will 'sell' Jones while his value is this low.
Well, obviously not. No one would want him. If he gets hot again though, that may be another story. I think this O'Reilly situation, and another losing season may cause Sherman to shake things up with this rebuild, and possibly tweak it in a different direction than they were trying to go down in the summer.

It's unlikely he'll be traded, given the fact he just signed his four year deal. However I don't think that will keep them from trading him if they choose to do so, with everything going on with this team.

He doesn't work with Duchene, and he's only ever worked with Staz, which he's not even doing right now. Given Stastny's deal is up after next year, they may change directions with him the minute someone's willing to take him on. I don't think they'd be too concerned with the return.