View Single Post
Old
02-27-2013, 06:27 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevanston View Post
I agree that he's ready for the AHL and the challenge would be good for him, but I think Chicago's brass prefers to see their prospects play a year as "the guy" if possible before signing them.

You could argue that's part of the reason Carruth is still in the WHL, and more or less all of the young prospects in Rockford right now spent time as "the guy" for their pre-Rockford team before moving to the AHL.
Carruth was sent back to the WHL because there wasn't going to be enough playing time for both him and Simpson with Hutton and Richards in Rockford (now Karlsson).

I personally don't see any time Chicago, with seemingly no good reason, returned a player to a league lesser than the AHL when they were ready for the AHL. At this point, K.Hayes is ready for the jump.

They brought along Morin and Pirri early. They signed J.Hayes after his junior seaosn. They signed Clendening after his sophmore season. They likely contemplated keeping Saad after drafting him and even then, sending him down was required. They kept Shaw and Flick on AHL deals to have them play Pro, rather than being sent back to the OHL.

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote