View Single Post
Old
02-27-2013, 06:33 PM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
I did a short write up on Gravel earlier on another thread. Anyways, essentially he's Rob Scuderi 2.0, just with a bit more offensive upside and I think a more physical presence (not that he'll be Matt Greene or anything, but just a more agressive style). The guy is just so hockey smart he gets the most out of what he has. Makes the smart play nearly all the time, steady and smart. Think Hickey with size and a bit more agressiveness.
Pretty much exactly this. He just seems to have a great understanding of the game and his role. So compact and subtle in his movements for a kid his age. He doesn't go for big plays but always seems to make smart plays and good reads. Reminds me of the poise Voinov had when he first came to NA and made the Monarchs. You knew he shouldn't be that calm on the ice but he was and it was a lot of fun watching him. I could easily see him being the replacement for Scuds in a few years, may not be right out of college but should be within a year or two of him leaving.

Oh Gravel was also one of the few players on an otherwise disasterous USA WJC team that stood out and had a decent tournament a few years ago.