Thread: Injury Report: Michalek - Surgery MAR 19th
View Single Post
Old
02-27-2013, 06:33 PM
burf

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyQuil View Post
Kind of hitting a quandary in terms of where he should slot in.

First line has been: Silfverberg-Turris-Alfredsson.

I've actually liked the way this line has been playing, production or not.

Second line has been: Greening-Zibanejad-Condra

I've really liked the way this line has been playing.

Seems kind of silly to put Michalek on the "bottom" two lines.

I'd be willing to try him in Condra's spot, although Killer has really been playing well and is the defensive responsibility on that line.

Still, with Greening playing the way he is, Z-bad's reach, and Michalek's drive, that could be one scary line for opposing defence.
If anything I'd put Michalek on with Condra and Zibanejad, leave the Turris line alone, and move Greening to Regin's wing in place of Grant. Condra's been one of the best forwards on the team ever since Karlsson's injury (and an argument could be made that he's been THE best forward on the team), and Zibanejad's been one of our best centers, but Greening's been both inconsistent at best, and a terrible possession player.

Maclean said after the Leafs game that the point of putting Greening with Condra and Zibanejad was to put a natural scorer on a line with 2 of our strongest possession players. Since Michalek's the best natural scorer on the team, it makes sense to put him on that line. At the same time, given their success in the Leafs game, I can see why Maclean might leave that line alone for another game or two.

burf is offline   Reply With Quote