Thread: Proposal: Trade Thread
View Single Post
02-27-2013, 06:36 PM
Roman For Ya Woman
vCash: 344
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
But where does he fit? Are you comfortable guaranteeing Fisher in our top 6 for the next 2 years? I think in two years they both need to be on 3rd lines. Am I selling them short?
I've never had a problem with Fisher and Legwand being the 2nd and 3rd line centers in no particular order. Next two years? I don't know. I think the team is simply missing a very good and stable top center. That's a fact that I think would make Fish and Leggy look like less of liabilities and would rightfully bump each one down a line. Like I said, I think if we're able to add a couple good top 6 or 7 forwards, including one center, then Fisher and Legwand could both stay here. If we REALLY want Smith at center that's another thing, but I don't know how much that theory needs to affect our lineup in the future.

Trotz also said he wanted to groom Wilson to be a center this season but with the shortened training camp he didn't want to mess with it. So I don't know what the future holds in that regard either. I guess there's probably some validity to one of Fisher or Legwand leaving and I'm not sure who I see going first. It's weird to think of Fisher leaving for obvious reasons, but Legwand is the Preds, and still brings a lot to the table as well as I'm sure Trotz loves him. I would bet the ball is in Leggy's court. If Leggy wants to stay I wouldn't be surprised if that meant Fisher was out the door. Although I'd like to find a way to keep them both

Drake744 is offline   Reply With Quote