View Single Post
Old
02-27-2013, 06:47 PM
jml87

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by no name View Post
Sounds like you are buying into the propaghanda. How did he hurt people? How was he immature? How is .39 goals a playoff game not clutch? And you are giving him a strike for not fighting people? Why would Carter fight somebody?
I'm saying that fighting in Philly is almost essential, not that I don't mind him fighting. I don't care, but many thought since he is a big guy, he should be crushing people.

And yeah I meant he was injured. It always seemed to come around at the wrong time for him, causing him to miss most of the Flyers big run in 2010 for example. What Carter did in LA in 2012 was what people in Philly wanted. In Philly, he was a -14 overall in the playoffs. He just never had a Briere or even Richards run in the playoffs which is what people wanted. He finally got a real chance in LA in the playoffs after he got through the first series still being a bit injured. He never really got that in Philly so he's always remembered as being unclutch.

It just shows me that Carter always had that in him but it wasn't til he was older and more experienced before he blossomed in the championship run. I'm always mad about the lack of patience in Philly though. Lupul, JVR, Bobrovsky, Carter, Richards, all shipped out before they could really develop.

Last edited by jml87: 02-27-2013 at 06:53 PM.
jml87 is offline   Reply With Quote