View Single Post
02-27-2013, 07:24 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by jml87 View Post
I'm saying that fighting in Philly is almost essential, not that I don't mind him fighting. I don't care, but many thought since he is a big guy, he should be crushing people.

And yeah I meant he was injured. It always seemed to come around at the wrong time for him, causing him to miss most of the Flyers big run in 2010 for example. What Carter did in LA in 2012 was what people in Philly wanted. In Philly, he was a -14 overall in the playoffs. He just never had a Briere or even Richards run in the playoffs which is what people wanted. He finally got a real chance in LA in the playoffs after he got through the first series still being a bit injured. He never really got that in Philly so he's always remembered as being unclutch.

It just shows me that Carter always had that in him but it wasn't til he was older and more experienced before he blossomed in the championship run. I'm always mad about the lack of patience in Philly though. Lupul, JVR, Bobrovsky, Carter, Richards, all shipped out before they could really develop.
If you want to be pissed at someone for Carter being injured, blame Pronger who took the shot that broke Carter's foot. And I am saying that sarcastically because I can't believe how many people blame a player for being injured. Do you think they want to be injured? It's absolutely ridiculous reasoning. In that game when Pronger broke his foot, Carter had already scored one and scored on that play, too. In the slot (but he's soft) and even though he was in pain he still put the puck in the net.

And, no, everyone in Philly is not expected to fight. Does Briere fight? Does giroux? Gags? Kimmo? Coburn? The biggest single problem with Philly fan culture is that they keep re-living the Broad Street Bully days. Newsflash: That type of play died soon after we won the second Cup. The league has evolved and the Flyers need to evolve with it, as do the fans.

MsMeow is offline   Reply With Quote