View Single Post
Old
02-27-2013, 07:34 PM
S Bah

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
I might even say that Mac has a better hockey IQ than Drouin.

Thing is, he has that ability but he's not that type of player just yet. He's young (6 months younger than Droudrou) and it will come. He plays a really intense game and over the years he had success by himself, he'll see that at a higher level of play you rely on your teammates a lot more and that's when he'll become that dangerous threat.

Don't you find it kind of sad that you pencil Drouin in a 1st line player and Mackinnon in a second line C when Mackinnon is younger and has the better career Q numbers ?

You're all in love with Drouin (rightly so. He's incredible.) but you forget about what Mack has done and about what he could(will.) do. Drouin is now the flavour of the month prospect, we get it but there's a whole world of prospect out there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Why would MacKinnon be able to do certain things in the pros taht he isn't doing in the QMJHL, that makes no sense at all...usually it works the other way where guys have to adapt and can't do certain things in the pros that they did in the Q.

I think both are 1st liners, but MacKinnon will have to play wing on the 1st line with a "distributor" at center. While Drouin is more the distributor himself.

MacKinnon had better numbers last year, but Drouin has passed him this year and his production i over a half PPGM better(1.68 vs 2.21), do you think that's just a fluke?
Quote:
Originally Posted by hab 4ever View Post
And I might even say that Drouin is a better skater than MacKinnon. And it would not be true either.
I know that barring some small miracle that the Habs won't be drafting these guys. More than likely they will draft between 20-30,Nicushkin or Buchnevich might be available depending upon which teams are out of the playoffs.Other players that can skate really well and play that may be there for the Habs;Morrissey,Mueller,Hagg,-Def. Forwards-Dickinson,Lazar,Domi,Bo Horvat, also Wennberg & Burakovsky but these Swedes will probably go in the Top Ten.Unless the Habs are really unfortunate and have injuries to core players, then expect to draft 15-30 possibly quite a bit higher if they continue their early season performances.