View Single Post
Old
02-27-2013, 07:35 PM
CBJfan4evr

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBleedUnionBlue View Post
I'm in the minority but I don't like the proposal at all.

I don't like the disparity of playoff chances. And it will be years until expansion.

Expansion is a terrible idea. The NHL doesnt need 15 more defensemen with Mick Commodores (2011-12) skill set being promoted into the league.

It appears that Detroit got a sweetheart deal in this. They are put in a conference with overall lesser opponents. And it makes no sense that a team several hours north of Columbus is in a conference with 2 Florida teams.

I really dont see any issues with being in a conference with teams in the central time zones. The Reds have been in a league with Chicago, St Louis and Milwaukee for years. 8 pm games dont bother me at all. A balanced schedule would minimize the 10 pm starts. But the powers that be (Boston, Philly, etc aint going to sacrifice an extra road trip out west for them for the good of the league).

10 pm starts dont bother me either. Heck I go to 2/3rd to 3/4ths of home games, and dont get home from Nationwide until midnight anyhow. And I am up at 5:30 am to go to work.

I hate losing all the games with the Blues, Blackhawks and Predators. These are also easy travel destinations for me since I live 2 hours west of Nationwide. The closest for me is a 5 hour road trip to Pittsburgh. For me it is 3 hrs to Detroit, 4 hours to Chicago, 6 hours to St Louis, and 6 hours to Nashville. We might all be in the Eastern Time Zone, but travel for me as a fan is worst.

I'm in the minority but that's ok with me. I don't like the move. I would much rather be in the west with Nashville, St Louis and Chicago.
I agree with you totally. Detroit got a great deal. We got stuck in a division with 4 cap teams. Our playoff chances will drop as we will face a more competitive schedule within this division.

CBJfan4evr is offline   Reply With Quote