View Single Post
Old
02-27-2013, 07:59 PM
sbrug

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OHLFan8771 View Post
What about it? He is serving a five game suspension for it. The reason he went after Elie was because earlier in the game he hit Brown in the head (uncalled) and Brown has yet to play since. Another note from that was the officials did not original give Pelech the major but after the refs viewed replay on the jumbo tron (which is against league rules to show replays of fights and scrums) they dished it out. Comparing Rupert's slash to Pelech cross check I think Ruperts was much worse, he chopped at Cousins with an axe like swing and then jumped him when he was on the ice; not to mention the game was over.
I meant how long do you think Pelech should have been suspended. Most non biased fans believe he deserved more than 5 games. Unsuspecting player, intent to injure and premeditated.

In fact, you are right about the rules regarding replays after penalties. In this case, I think it worked out for the better. I saw Elie's hit live and on replay several times. Ask anyone at the game that day, it was shoulder to shoulder. Is Brown concussed?

Cousins got 4 games hitting a player from behind, head contact, into the glass. You'll notice some yahoos on the London board on jrahockey.com swearing and complaining about that saying Branch hates the Knights. Do those people have credibility when they proclaim another team has unfair advantages?