View Single Post
Old
02-27-2013, 08:00 PM
JeffMangum
Herrrooooiiinnnn

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
The return I would expect for Gaborik would be similar to what Mike Richards got for the Flyers. Schenn + Simmonds +
Richards signed a deal with a nice caphit and lonterm. He was 27 at the time of the trade.

Gaborik has 1 year left on his contract after this one at $7.5M. He is currently 31.

If anything, take a look at the Dany Heatley trades(s). Similar cap hit, term was longer, but they were also similar age and are both goal scoring forwards. Maybe look at the Hossa or Kovalchuk trades, although they are both better than Gaborik, and they were "rental" type trades.

I would expect a similar player on a similar contract who could use a change of scenery, or a good roster player, good prospect, and maybe a 1st round pick, if we're lucky. More likely a second round pick. Remember, Gaborik has a NTC. From all accounts, he likes New York and he likes the Rangers. Who knows if he'll even waive it? And if he does, who knows what teams he'll waive for? He could severely limit the market, or just say "no, I'd rather stay here".

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard