View Single Post
Old
02-27-2013, 08:33 PM
Brian28

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabotrick View Post
Hopefully I dont upset anyone saying this, but Im just going to go for it. I have no idea if the Oilers would be interested in Del Zotto? The Rangers cant afford to lose McDonagh, because of their major lack of scoring forces them to try and keep games much close and also Hanks inconsistency this season showed last night when he didn't have McDonagh and MDZ in the line up.

How about a trade like Del Zotto, the four 3rd round picks we have this year, (assuming we dont make the SCF), Boyle and McIlrath for Eberle and Smid? (Not sure on Smid's status this year I know many Oiler fans were calling for his head last year.

Just remember I come in peace.
Edmonton doesn't touch this in the slightest. MDZ is ncie but I'd rather see what we have in Petry who was an offensive type in college and is more resonsible in his end than MDZ. 4 3rd's is almost useless to us considering the level of talent we'd be losing, McIlrath is an intersting prospect but not enough to part with either Eberle or Smid. Boyle is of some interest but again...not worth the players we'd be losing.

It was the vocal inority calling for Smid's head. Realistically he's been improving every year since 2006 when he played with Pronger. He's quickly becoming a Regehr with less mean streak but better positioning and loves the city so unless he asks for a trade we can't afford to ship players like that out.

Brian28 is offline   Reply With Quote