Thread: Olympics: 2014 - U.S. Roster Discussion
View Single Post
Old
02-27-2013, 08:44 PM
William H Bonney

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by magic school bus View Post
I just remember hearing Pens fans were upset with Bylsma early on in the season and wanted him fired. I know USAH is high on Bylsma, but they're also oddly high on Scott Gordon (I kid). My reasoning for Torts is exactly what Cory Trevor was saying. The Rangers basically have two roster locks at this point. He knows Callahan (possible team captain) and McDonagh well and he was an assistant in 2010 so he knows all of those players - and we need every little advantage can get if we want gold in Sochi.
There are fans of every NHL team that want the coach fired. The fallback complaint for fans is always the coach or goalie. It's easier than understanding the bigger picture or hockey. Not saying Bylsma is the right fit but he's definitely a top choice. I'm not sure that USAH will care about those benefits as Torts will most likely be on the staff regardless and the benefits will exist regardless of his role.