View Single Post
02-27-2013, 09:45 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Brian28 View Post
Edmonton doesn't touch this in the slightest. MDZ is ncie but I'd rather see what we have in Petry who was an offensive type in college and is more resonsible in his end than MDZ. 4 3rd's is almost useless to us considering the level of talent we'd be losing, McIlrath is an intersting prospect but not enough to part with either Eberle or Smid. Boyle is of some interest but again...not worth the players we'd be losing.

It was the vocal inority calling for Smid's head. Realistically he's been improving every year since 2006 when he played with Pronger. He's quickly becoming a Regehr with less mean streak but better positioning and loves the city so unless he asks for a trade we can't afford to ship players like that out.
Thank you for the info on Smid, I see Ive been misled on him a little bit. Obviously with that of Smid I would take him out of the deal. I was hoping the four thirds could have been beneficial to Edmonton, maybe for the next draft trading them to advance up further in the first round assuming they dont draft first overall. But when it comes to Del Zotto this year he has taken huge strides in his defensive game and if our blue line wasn't so crowded he would be playing 2nd line minutes, maybe even first line with a team with a weaker blue line, Del Zotto is also average over 23 minutes a game. Obviously you seem confident in Petry. Unfortunately I don't know enough about him, but is he a PMD like Mdz or more of a two way offensive player like Mcd?

Gabotrick is offline   Reply With Quote