View Single Post
Old
02-27-2013, 08:51 PM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa2118 View Post
I don't disagree with you. I think ROR will continue to put up points, or increase his totals if given a true 1st or 2nd line role with good linemates.

That's a tough sell though if the other team is giving up Little, plus a better/more valuable piece than Little. I don't think the Avs could land that kind of deal unless they added pretty good piece to O'Reilly. It'd have to be at least Barrie, and that possibly might not be enough if they have concerns with him. The Avs don't have any other similar pieces in terms of value, unless they're giving up their 1st, which would be doubtful in that kind of deal.
You say that you don't disagree but you are (which is fine by the way) if you are including Barrie OR our 1st round pick which is completely and totally OFF-LIMITS. This is what this whole thing is all about: keeping Sacco as our head coach, waiting to make a move for RoR, it's all about the player we are eventually going to get with that pick in June. There is absolutely ZERO way that draft pick is going anywhere.

About the matter at hand, if you look at the stats that Little has put up so far in his career (I thought it would be unfair to only posts RoRs):

You can see that his very best season was his first FULL season in the NHL playing 4:00m per game on the PP with Kovalchuk amongst others. His 4 full seasons in the NHL average out to 45 points and I'd say that's about average or maybe even a bit low for a 2nd line center/top 6 winger. That's with full/adequate PP time, something that RoR only had last season. His stats are a bit reminiscent of what David Jones has put up the past few years. Don't get me wrong, I think Little is a better all around player than Jones but it puts things in perspective.

*To reverse the situation, if the Jets needed to trade Andrew Ladd and we were offering David Jones and something else but NOT Duncan Siemens at any cost. That's about the way I see it right now. (obviously Jones hasn't started the season on time but he'll get his points unless he gets injured, he always goes hot and cold)

You seem to believe that adding something to Little would be a stretch or a 'tough sell' because he's close to what RoR is where I believe it's not as close as you might think. A kid who had the kind of season RoR did, at that age, while playing elite defense is absolutely quite rare. So when you consider that O'Reilly is already better than Little AND still has room to keep getting better PLUS the fantastic defensive play, that's why I don't think it's as close as you think. If it was and he was just 'close' to what Little already is, do you really believe there would be 12-13 teams interested? Not even close.

Last edited by Bender: 02-12-2015 at 11:21 AM.