View Single Post
Old
02-27-2013, 08:54 PM
Brian28

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabotrick View Post
Thank you for the info on Smid, I see Ive been misled on him a little bit. Obviously with that of Smid I would take him out of the deal. I was hoping the four thirds could have been beneficial to Edmonton, maybe for the next draft trading them to advance up further in the first round assuming they dont draft first overall. But when it comes to Del Zotto this year he has taken huge strides in his defensive game and if our blue line wasn't so crowded he would be playing 2nd line minutes, maybe even first line with a team with a weaker blue line, Del Zotto is also average over 23 minutes a game. Obviously you seem confident in Petry. Unfortunately I don't know enough about him, but is he a PMD like Mdz or more of a two way offensive player like Mcd?
In college Petry was a well rounded 2 way guy. Last year we saw a small sample of his potential for offense when he put up 25 pts in his first full season and 2nd in the NHL while only being -7 on one of the worst teams in the league. This year he seems more focused on Defence first mentality but that's part of why he's paired with Smid...to round out his game and cover for any potential lapses. Petry is already averaging over 20 min/game.

If Petry lives up to his potential he could be a #2 all around type to pair with J. Schultz provided he lives up to potential as well. Worst case he should be nothig worse than a #3 guy who has a very good all around game and plays a 2 way positional style. Not overly hard on the body but makes the smart play while chipping in offense.

Brian28 is offline   Reply With Quote