Trip To Denver
View Single Post
02-27-2013, 09:00 PM
A magician named Gob
Join Date: Jul 2003
Originally Posted by
So I am making a trip to Denver April 19th to 21st to see a couple Avs games. Tried using the search function but couldnt come across the info I needed. Ill be staying near the Pepsi center. So questions for you guys/gals:
1) What are some things I should do in Denver in my free time? Must see spots? Restaurants?
2) Any place where there is a chance to meet the players? Autographs?
3) Open practices or anything?
I may have missed stuff, so basically anything you can think of that may be of value to someone coming to Denver for the first time. Thanks in advance.
1) I've been to Denver several times, but I'm a sports nut so I ALWAYS make time to go to Altitude Authentics (Team store in Pepsi Center), as well as walking around the 16th St Mall. Cherry Creek Mall is in a seemingly more "upscale" area, and I am 99.9% sure I saw JM Liles walking around there when he was playing in Colorado. Restaurants will vary, because they have a lot of places that are nationwide, but there is a nice restaurant I visited last time I was there, I believe they served more Hispanic/Mexican/Spanish food, I remember I had some of the BEST Steak Soft Tacos I've ever had there, I'll ask my GF if she remembers the name and Edit my post
2) & 3) The best possible place to try and meet players/get autographs IS at the Team Practices.
Avalanche Practice Schedule
Practices at Family Sports Center are free and open to the public. Please be aware that all practice times and places are subject to change.
Avalanche Practice Times
During the regular season, the Avalanche typically practices on non-game days when the team is at home. All practices will take place at Family Sports and are free and open to the public. Practice times are usually 10:30 a.m. or 11:00 a.m.
Here's the link for more information on Avalanche Practices.
No matter where I try to roam, it only goes to show, I'm such a long, long way from home.
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by RockLobster