View Single Post
Old
02-27-2013, 09:03 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Doors View Post
The short term risk was overrated big time around here. First place team, why **** with it? Cole's a vet, you give him the benefit of the doubt. Created a hole for no reason and we're now doubly ****ed because Bourque is out too. So you have Ryder playing on the third line with an 18-year-old and a guy who's still developing his consistency on a nightly basis.

We get a taste of a team with a great lockerroom, great chemisty mix of youth and character vets, and **** with it. I don't get it. But I forgot, noone's allowed to question Marc Bergevin. The genius who brought Francis Bouillon to town as the powerful and mighty 6th defenceman.
Why do people care if boullion is a 6th d-man? It's really minimal stuff here. He adds mobility, physicality and character. I mean, sure, we'd love a better D but he's #6 D...

Also, what hole? Cole wasn't producing. When cole's on his game he's hard to replace...but he wasn't. He's a slow starter, we hear it all the time but this isn't first time a team had their concerns, Oilers did the same. It's not worth the risk for 2 more full years.

Ryder has similar offense but less physicality. That being said, we can always add a strong bottom 6 player later on.

It really isn't about questioning Bergevin. You're saying we lost 30 goal scorer goal, but we didn't.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote