View Single Post
Old
02-27-2013, 09:04 PM
zarley zelepukin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Really? I feel the complete opposite. I would think if there is a highly regarded prospect (or even a not-so-highly regarded prospect) asked about making the team his response would be that he is going to do every possible thing he can to make the team and remain on the roster and work on anything he can to get there, not "whatever, we'll see what happens and if they send me down they send me down." DeFratus had the response I would expect. Brown seemed to either not care or act like the question was beneath him for some reason. Neither of which are responses I would expect from a guy who has the type of attitude I would be looking for. For instance, I can't imagine Chase Utley or Roy Halladay giving a response anything close to that.
I think I see where you're coming from. Again, I didn't hear the interview so maybe his exact words and tone made it come off differently. He's never seemed like the most intense guy in the interviews I have seen with him. But just from reading your post it seems more like he's saying he's going to worry about playing his best and not about what Rube and Charlie are going to do.