View Single Post
Old
02-27-2013, 09:16 PM
The Doors

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Why do people care if boullion is a 6th d-man? It's really minimal stuff here. He adds mobility, physicality and character. I mean, sure, we'd love a better D but he's #6 D...

Also, what hole? Cole wasn't producing. When cole's on his game he's hard to replace...but he wasn't. He's a slow starter, we hear it all the time but this isn't first time a team had their concerns, Oilers did the same. It's not worth the risk for 2 more full years.

Ryder has similar offense but less physicality. That being said, we can always add a strong bottom 6 player later on.

It really isn't about questioning Bergevin. You're saying we lost 30 goal scorer goal, but we didn't.
They absolutely did. He had a slow start man and was coming off an offseason injruy and a bit messed up by the lockout. His goal totals could easily be three or four higher. Luckily the young players give the team depth and as long as teh team wins it doesn't matter. I'm just baffled by the trade and will continue to be. Cole is exactly the type of player the team needs more of.

Just an unnecessary and lateral move. Anyways, agree to disagree. I think the team will miss Cole more than the majority of people think, especially when things get tighter checking and having big bodies and experienced players become more important.

The Doors is offline   Reply With Quote