Thread: Speculation: Re-alignment
View Single Post
Old
02-27-2013, 10:44 PM
Herschel

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HBSauce View Post
Living in Edmonton I'm surrounded by Oiler fans so I know a little bit. Their D prospects right now are enticing with Klefbom, Marincin, Gernat and Musil coming up. Prospects don't always pan out but atleast 2 of those 4 should make it to the Oilers. Currently lacking in D but Justin Schultz has been a great addition for them.

For that 1994 draft, their 6th pick was Ryan Smyth...

MacT I used to always dislike since the oilers were always a grind it out team with little flash, but he was able to get a decent amount out of what he had to work with. And I doubt he is worse than the Todd...

Do I believe the Oilers management could be better? Yes, but it is heading in the right direction and their later round scouting has been better recently (starting in 2007 I'd say). They've made strides from the 90's oilers IMO
While there is a good chance that a few of those D prospect become NHL level Dmen I am not sure any are solid bets on becoming 1/2 on the blueline.

I am not too sure how you rank management of a team that has been at the bottom of the league for so long, even if they rise how much of that is about lottery picks?

Herschel is offline   Reply With Quote