Originally Posted by Muscles4Malkin View Post
I have a suggestion.
These guys:

Jarome Iginla
Johnny Gaudreau

for

Beau Bennett
Derrick Pouliot
No F*ing chance. I don't think I would trade Bennett straight up for Iginla, and both Bennett and Pouliot are better prospects than Gaudreau.

If we wanted a winger instead of Pouliot, then we should have/could have drafted Forsberg or Terravainen instead of Pouliot. This doesnt't guarantee that Pouliot will be the best out of those 3, but we made that decision -- and I'm sure part of that was because it fit some type of "Plan", and that plan probably includes going very forward-heavy in the 2013 draft -- and we should stick to this plan.

Besides: we can probably just sign Iginla this summer without having to give up any assets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeYOrpik View Post
I haven't seen much of Stewart this season, but I wouldn't trade Despres for Stewart straight up. He's just too unique of a player.
I kind of agree with this. Despres is just looking too good right now and I wouldn't trade him unless it was with some ++'s for a clear upgrade (Bobby Ryan, a signed Perry, etc.). Stewart *might* be great, but then again, he might not. Despres is looking too much like a sure-thing to make that move right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeYOrpik View Post
If you're going to trade Despres, you're going to have to bring in someone who brings his A game consistently(not stewart). And I doubt, as of right now, that Despres' value is enough to garner that kind of return,
I agree with both of your points. Despres is looking to good to trade for anything less than something awesome; and yet he might not have that kind of trade value, yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Butternubs View Post
Etem? Seems like Anaheim could use some D.

Etem for Morrow? (flame away )
Sure, I'll flame. Etem is a nice prospect. He's kind of like Pascal Dupuis is right now (good PKer, great skater, can score some goals), but he's not an A-level prospect, and I think Morrow is a better prospect. Moreover, it doesn't fit our needs of having someone who can immediately step into our top-6 and perform consistently. So, no thanks; and the value isn't fair either. (And I like Etem. ANA would have to add a 2013 2nd rounder to get this closer to fair value, but Pens' may value Morrow too much to trade him for a B or C level prospect. It really depends on how much Pens' brass values each player, but a 2nd in 2013 may bridge the gap; or they prefer a guy like Rakell or Smith-Pelley + 2013 2nd instead).