Old
02-27-2013, 11:41 PM
wubwubwubwub
What, Me Worry?

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BonkTastic View Post
Skill.

You don't get guys with his skill for his cap hit very often, and when you do, it's because he's got warts in his game somewhere else.
In Latendresse's case, that wart is severe injury issues.

I have no doubt that if Latendresse gets healthy at some point this season, he'll get another shot on a scoring line. If it doesn't work out, well, we're out almost nothing.

At the end of the day, what are we out if Latendresse doesn't work out for us? I'd love to take chances on guys like Latendresse every year, provided they are a good fit in the locker room. A million bucks isn't much in today's NHL.

Best case scenario: you get a top-6 player on a ridiculously undervalued contract.
Worst case scenario: it doesn't work out, and you're out nothing for your troubles.

I'll welcome Latendresse back with open arms if he can get healthy and his head is in the right spot.

It's at least worth trying, though. We have been using Erik Condra on our top line this year.
Don't get me wrong, I loves me some Condra, but I think that fact speaks for the fact that we have very few skill guys on this team right now.
Yeah this. Real silly how quickly he's been written off imo.

wubwubwubwub is offline   Reply With Quote