View Single Post
Old
02-27-2013, 11:57 PM
Flat Stanley

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints11 View Post
Just throwing this out there, like most of us do for discussion, because most don't know what the market value is, so here goes.....
Pittsburgh sends Bortuzzo, Pouliot, Kennedy, and a pick (2nd that becomes a 1st if we make it to the finals)
Calgary send Iginla and a 5th
Now, if Calgary doesn't want Kennedy, we then ship Kennedy and that 5th to Minny for PMB.

Food for thought.
No, come on, I've seen numerous proposals even by Penguins fans for Iginla that include top prospects and picks. Does that sound like a trade Shero would do? Why trade Pouliot now when in 5 years (when Iginla is 40 and Pouliot is 23) Pouliot might have more value. It doesn't make sense to overpay for Iginla, he's a veteran in his mid 30's, he's not worth guys like Pouliot, Maatta or 1st and 2nd round picks, I'm not saying they wouldn't get that return, but seriously, it would be a dumb trade. How stupid would Shero look if he traded that or any other overpayment proposal, just to see the team lose again, and Pouliot/Maatta and that 1st become solid NHL players. It makes Shero look stupid and the same people who want us to overpay for Iginla would be the same ones calling for Ray Shero's job.

I don't know, if we're packaging a guy we picked with a top 10 pick, a decent defenseman, a roster player and a 1st or 2nd round pick, we better be getting a player that's younger and on the Penguins long term, not Jarome Iginla