View Single Post
Old
02-28-2013, 02:26 AM
coolboarder

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreOrr View Post
I know it's not how it works. In my post earlier, I didn't ask you guys here where you came up with these things, I asked: "Where do 'they' (meaning the League) come up with these things?"

So technically, with the way the League is planning it, a Pacific team crossovered to the Central could then eliminate all the Central teams, and thus essentially be a so-called Central champ (small "c").

You know, again this is idiocy. Every time this League does something reasonably good, it then does it in such a way to **** it up. It did that with the 6-Divisions, they were ****ed up right from the beginning. They're doing it now with this new "Central Division" that includes Florida teams, and now with this ridiculous Playoff seeding format.

Each of these 4 big Divisions should have a representative in the Final 4.
I really liked the 4 conference plan but they decides to add wild card to further complicate things. I was looking forward to the round 3 match-up with the east and have the best team remaining rather than the best teams playing in the semi-finals and have the worst team possible from the west. Remember, Minnesota/Pittsburgh series from the 1991 playoffs under the old format. It was a mis-match from the start of the series and we all could see that Pittsburgh is going to win the cup anyways. If we ever had the round 3 with no east/west, just the whole semi-finals then, we could see the best team in the SCF maybe Edmonton or Boston-Pittsburgh finals if they scrap the two conference plan with the 4 conference that time.

There are a lot of possibilities and I believe 1993 playoffs was the last time it happened with the divisional playoff format. The best playoff I ever remember was the divisional playoff format rather than the conference format.