View Single Post
Old
02-28-2013, 02:48 AM
Sticky Fingers
NYR

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
I think people are not understanding my reasoning for wanting to move Gaborik. I am not calling him a bad player. Nor am I saying he won't come out of his slump. What I am, and have been saying is that I do not believe Gaborik is in this teams long term plans. With that in mind if a team is willing to move a good young player ++ move him now.

The fact of the matter is that Gaborik is paid to be a difference maker night in and night out. No one can say he has been that. I feel the Rangers, given a more deep offensive team by way of him being traded, would be able to do just as well with a team offense mentality.

I also believe that Gaborik is part of the reason for Richards' struggles. They just simply do not mesh.
I disagree. I'm saying he's paid to be a top ten goal scorer in the leauge. Which he has been. A lot of peopke here expect him to be a game changing, impact type of player, but that's not who he is. He is a sniper. Unnoticeable, you don't see him, then bang bang, two shots, two goals. That's what he is!