View Single Post
Old
02-28-2013, 02:38 AM
Adirondack Flames

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remember2004 View Post
So whats the deal with Jankowski? Is it if he develops hes an all star and if he doesn't he's a bust? I guess thats how it is with all prospects ahah nvm but whats the deal behind picking him?
I'm not sure what you mean bu "what's the deal", but I will try. Jankowski is a big center that skates very well, has great vision, passing ability and instincts. He has all the tools to be a top line center, he is just expected to take longer to develop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HavlatMach9 View Post
To be honest, we had the Calgary mentality for a long time. Ever since 07 playoff run, Sens continued to retool and patch by signing players like Kovalev, Gonchar. It took a poor coach, injury to Spezza, and bad goaltending in 10-11 that forced us to rebuild (we finished poorly).
What? 2010-11 had very little to do with the Senators turnaround. Zibanejad is the only player from the 2011 draft (or later) on the team and while he has been playing well he is hardly the reason the Senators turned it around.

The reason the Senators turned it around are:

1. Erik Karlsson - a mid 1st round pick that turned into one of the best defensemen in the NHL.
2. Craig Anderson - who was acquired in a trade for a prospect and a pick.

You need to lay of the kool-aid if you think that tanking in 2010-11 has anything to do with them turning it around.

Adirondack Flames is offline   Reply With Quote